Do you ever surprise yourself? I am a pretty scheduled person and I like things in a particular order. I can be flexible, when it suits me. Ha! I know this quality drives Z nuts and he wishes I was more able to just roll with the punches. I suppose that is why we make such a great match. Opposites attract oui? So I was looking in my freezer wondering what I could make for dinner. There they were, lamb loin chops. I love lamb. I love the gamey taste, the texture, the flavours that pair with it. I was looking for something new to do with my lamb and I thought about an Indian twist. It turned out and guess what? I completely surprised myself!
8 lamb loin chops
2 tbsp of Dijon mustard
2 tbsp of fresh thyme
3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
salt and pepper
3 cups of cauliflower rice
½ cup of coconut milk (full fat, unsweetened)
1 tbsp of mild curry powder
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to broil and move the rack to the second level under the broiler.
- Lay the lamb chops on a piece of foil on a cooking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Combine the mustard, thyme and garlic. Rub on both sides of the lamb. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place under the broiler for 8 minutes. When done, flip over and broil for another 8 minutes. This will give a medium rare lamb, cook for 3-5 minutes longer to your liking.
- Meanwhile make your rice. Over medium heat, warm 1 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add you cauliflower rice. Mix it around so the rice is completely coated with the oil. Add your coconut milk and your curry powder. Stir around. Cover and let the cauliflower soak up the coconut milk. About 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve it up with veggies! I had asparagus in the fridge and it went quite well.
- Nom Nom Nom.